Trekking peaks climbing in Nepal: Island Peak
There is no doubt that Himalayan peaks have drawn adventurers, climbers and cultural enthusiast for many decades. Among 33 officially opened trekking peaks in Nepal, Island peak is the most popular as it offers to all novice climbers and trekkers an exhilarating climbing experience beyond simply trekking in Nepal. By climbing the Island peak, you will stand on a summit of wonderful mountain at 6189 metres and have almost the same unforgettable sense of achievement as you would on Everest - the climb is physically demanding but not technically challenging. Any fit and acclimatized person having a strong inclination towards adventure can scale the Island peak that is graded as Alpine PD+
Expedition to Island Peak climb with Everest Base Camp trek: 01 Trekker : 01 Porter
Island peak is also known as Imja Tse peak is an extension of the Himalayan ridge that comes down from the south end of the Lhotse shar, situated at less than 10 kilometer away from the Mt. Everest in Himalayas. This peak was first ascended in 1953 by a British expedition team as preparation for the Everest expeditions and even today climbing Island peak is often the first step for most of the climbers before any summit attempt of giant peaks in the Himalaya. After checking all the gear and exploring the sights and sounds of bustling Kathmandu, we take an exciting flight to the STOL airport of Lukla to begin our journey to Island peak and Everest base camp expedition. We climb the less trodden trail to the Everest base camp and Kalapathar for proper acclimatisation before scaling the Island peak top. We customize a special climbing training session for you at the Island peak base camp where you will receive instructions from our experienced climbing guides to ensure that all of you have required the necessary climbing skills to scale the summit safely and successfully. There will be medecial trained and experienced group leader with requried safety back up in dealing with any problems that may arise in Island peak expedition. We have responsile trekking policy of one porter to each trekkers so you can have own pace and porter hiking high on Himalayas on light weight.
Summit day - standing on top of Island Peak at 6189 meter
The Island peak climbing summit day starts early in the morning with an interesting scramble along a rock ridge to a glacier and above this there is a steep snow headwall leading to the summit, off course this is a physically challenging but fabulous day. Mountain Monarch climbing guides fixe NEW ropes to ensure safe ascent with jumar and harness for the strenuous and challenging section that climbs up a 60 - 70 degree face about 100 meters to the summit ridge. From the top of Island peak, the giant mountains, you can see a breathtaking panorama of gigantic mountains - Nuptse (7,879m), Lhotse (8,501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8,410m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) which form a semi circle in the north and the stunning views of Makalu (8475m), Baruntse (7129m) in the east and famous expedition peak of Amadablam (6812m) in the south - a never to be forgotten peak climbing trip to Island peak with Everest base camp experience in Himalayas.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu / Dinner with cultural program.
- Day 02: Explore Buddhist Stupa and Hindu Cremation Shrines / Trip preparation.
- Day 03-04: Fly to Lukla and trekking to Namche to start the Island peak expedition.
- Day 05-06: Trek to Khumjung after an acclimatization rest day at Namche.
- Day 07: Trek to Photse via Monla, on the way to Gokyo valley
- Day 08-09: Trek to Dingboche, above tree line / exploration day.
- Day 10: Trek to Lobuche with extraordinary scenery.
- Day 11-12: Trek the Everest Base Camp and climb Kalapathar for proper acclimtisation.
- Day 13-14: Climb to Island peak base camp / Rest and climbing clinic
- Day 15-16: Island peak climbing period / sensational Himalayan panorama.
- Day 17-19: Trekking down to Lukla via Pangboche and Thyangboche.
- Day 20-21: Fly to Kathmandu / Rest day.
- Day 22: Island peak climbing trip ends / Airport transportation.
- Private Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals while trekking (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner) entire Island peak climbing.
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook while on Island peak expedition.
- Properly boiled drinking water, tea and coffee while on trek.
- Resposible trekking in Himalayas with One trekker : One porter ratio policy.
- Accommodation in teahouse or lodge while on Island peak everest base camp trekking.
- Accommodation in Tented camp while on the island peak climbing.
- Nepali welcome dinner as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour with world heritage entrance fees as listed in itinerary.
- All Domestic flights and airport tax as listed in the itinerary to start the Island peak trek.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Island Peak climbing expeditions Permit Royalty of US$ 250 only per person and other government tax.
- Climbing Clinic Course at base camp.
- All required Personal and Group Climbing gear: LA SPORTIVA climbing boot, EXPED downfilled mattress, Black daimond crampons, ice axe, zoomer, harness, figure of eight, carabineer, helmat, climbing rope etc.
- We provide all camping gear including - tents for member, dining tent with table and backrest chair, Kitchen tent with utensils, staff, porter and toilet tents on whole trip.
- Mountain Monarch Trip Gears - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, rain poncho etc for the use during the trip. S
- Professional local experienced Trek Leader / Guide trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) / Gamow Bag (A life saving device in case of Acute Mountain Sickness) or Oxygen along with the comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Island peak climbing trip map.
- Well-experienced Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff while on Island peak climbing.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment on Island peak everest base camp trek.
- Proper Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters: Gortex jacket, gortex trousers, fleece jacket and pant, trekking shoes, woolen hat, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Complementary Mountain Monarch Island peak climbing T-shirts.
- Island Peak climbing certificates issued from the respective body of Nepal Government.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers.
- Trekking permit, Everest National park entry fees requried for the Island peak expedition.
- Nepal entry Visa fees, Your travel insurance of any kind.
- International Airfare to Kathmandu for the Island peak trip.
- All Drinks and main meals in cities.
- Tips and Items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephome, beverage drinks etc.